Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Getting my Realtime Machine!

Alright! Finally I'm ordering my first realtime machine along with software and my theory's dictionary. I got Case Catalyst, which I'm used to using on our college campus, and I'm not going to state what machine I ended up getting considering the unwanted debate it sparked at Depoman.com. All I'm saying is: hurrah! Finally I can start editing and customizing my own dictionary and start doing realtime practices. I'm super excited.

I have heard of a few things people have done to use and practice with their machines, like Gwar and Ellacre's idea about using the Steno Keyboard for other programs on Depoman.com -> Student Boot Camp -> StenoMaster Student Diary. I also know that Simply Steno has games which use the realtime programs to help practice gaining speed.

So what are things you've done with your realtime software and dictionaries? I'm very curious about the things I'll be able to do once I have my student version of Case Catalyst and my new machine!

The only thing I'll say about the machine itself is that I'm ordering it new from Stenograph for the extras it comes with and the warranty I'm getting with it. It was within my price range and exactly what I wanted out of a writer. It'll take a while for everything to clear and set up, as the representative from Stenograph explained to me, so I probably won't get it for another 2-4 weeks. I just sent the order form in the mail.

I can't wait to touch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment