Saturday, February 5, 2011

Fantastic Study Technique! A must do!

 Place whatever girly scream you would like here. I know I've done a lot of flashcards today but they are a huge help in more than one way. Its helping me with reading steno, increasing my speed and reaction time, keeping my eyes off the keyboard, and also helping me memorize more briefs and phrases I'll need to use.

To use this study technique you need to either make your own flashcard list or use one or the many that are listed on FlashCardMachine's database. To search for a list go to their database search or (FlashcardDB) and make sure to make the subject listed as Court Reporting. In the description type your theory name and then go through the list of cards. When you find one you want click on the link.

Once you've done that press 'Start Study Session.' A popup should come up after that in which the flashcards will show up and a list of settings. Make sure to make them listed as 'Randomized' and then click the box that says 'Auto-Flip.' If you're really fast and confident with the words make sure to make the speed up to your level. For example, on my list of 261 Briefs and Phrases I set the speed to flip every 3 seconds. Make sure its not only decently challenging but gives you enough time to read and type the word.

Now start typing the words. If you've done the settings correctly it should be fast enough to not only keep your eyes from looking down at your fingers and machine, but it should also help you read the Steno and increase your speed in typing. When you're done with all the cards go back and read the steno notes.

If you've discovered you've made some mistakes on a few words don't fret or worry. Go back into your list in the 'Quick Editor' section. Go through the list and find the words you feel you've made a mistake on and flag them. This gives them special status in the list, and later on you can do these words by themselves to further practice them without having to go through the entire list.

I've been doing it a lot the past few hours. Its fantastic and I love it! Add another girly scream here.

No comments:

Post a Comment