Friday, January 14, 2011

Then there is Oatmeal

I have found a new expression for when things are going bad, and you don't think it could get must worse. Since I have already posted the explanation on my favorite forum here I must share it with my blogging audience.

Today, I got up this morning bright and early at 5:40 AM for my morning Theory Two class. I'm feeling rather good, just groggy, and I don't think anything could get much worse than waking up so early after a long, exhausting night class. Well, lately I have been enjoying warm oatmeal for breakfast but I like the texture to be warm and thick (and not in a dirty way you perverted buffoons). So I've been adding milk to the mixture instead of water.

The only problem is that to get it just right it takes three, one minute heatings followed by stirring it inbetween. So needless to say its near boiling by the time its just right. As I headed to the couch to enjoy my morning meal I tripped and flipped this boiling hot bowl of oatmeal onto my left hand. So not only did I have to forget about going to the morning class I so joyously woke up for, but I'm struggling not to scream explicits for the world to hear. I had to forget about working on my machine as well, because my fingertips were threatening to blister. Thank goodness for ointment and ibuprofen.

So when you think it couldn't get much worse, then there is oatmeal.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, sorry to hear that happened to you. I love a good apple cinnamon oatmeal myself. Now might be a perfect time to work on the one-handed steno technique #3 over on http://courtreporting101.blogspot.com/2011/01/61-ways-to-write-faster.html Feel better fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, sorry to hear about your oatmeal accident. One of my fellow classmates recently cut her finger and had to have stiches. She couldn't practice for about a week! Love your blog and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete